You can play an important role in conserving wildlife habitat and outdoor recreation opportunities in northwestern Hancock County by lending financial support to GPMCT. There are many ways to help!
Become a Conservation Leader – give monthly!
Automatic, monthly giving saves us both time, postage and trees! It’s a safe and easy way to make a big impact – whether it’s $10, $25, or $100 each month. For example, giving $86.50/month translates into an annual gift of $1,038—the height of Great Pond Mountain! With automatic giving, your membership will renew automatically each year. And you can change or stop your gift anytime online or by phone. Donate online via credit card by clicking Here, or use your bank’s automatic bill paying service.
Become a GPMCT Member
Memberships support our annual operations, from trail maintenance, habitat management and kids’ programs to newsletters and office supplies. Benefits of membership include our bi-annual newsletter The MountainEar; invitations to special events; and an invitation to attend our annual meeting each July, where you are entitled to vote on the business of the organization. You can also download our Membership Form and mail it with your contribution, or give online Here.
Other ways of giving:
Gift Memberships – Memorials – Tributes
- Consider giving gift memberships – you’ll help expand our membership base and introduce friends or family to our mission-driven programs to preserve and protect a way of life in Downeast Maine. Any gift can be made as a memorial or tribute to a friend or loved one. Click Here and make sure to note whether it’s a memorial or tribute, or write your information on your Membership Form or check. We’ll send a note to let the designee or family know of your thoughtful gesture.
- Your gift to our General Endowment or our Wildlands Stewardship Endowment will help us pay expenses far into the future, and meet our stewardship responsibilities. Make your endowment or stewardship gift Here (click on “Add Special Instructions”) or send us a check, and be sure to note what it’s for.
Gifts of Securities and In-Kind Donations
- Giving appreciated securities may provide a tax advantage (be sure to consult your tax advisor). Please call the office or email for instructions.
To our 70+ supporters
- If you are required to take minimum distributions (RMDs) from your tax-deferred retirement accounts, the additional income may push you into a higher tax bracket and reduce your eligibility for certain tax credits and deductions. To eliminate or reduce the impact of RMD income, investors may want to consider making a qualified charitable distribution (QCD). A QCD is a direct transfer from an IRA custodian, payable to a qualified charity. QCDs can be counted toward satisfying your RMD for the year, up to $100,000, and can also be excluded from your taxable income. This is not the case with a regular withdrawal from an IRA, even if you use the money to make a charitable contribution later on. In this scenario, the funds would be counted as taxable income even if you later offset that income with the charitable contribution deduction. For more information, see the QCD provision in the Internal Revenue Code or speak to your IRA custodian.
Make a Legacy Gift
- Please consider naming GPMCT in your will – and there are many other ways that supporting our work can figure into your estate planning, possibly creating a tax advantage for you. Please contact the office to discuss your plans, and consult your own attorney or financial advisor before making these important decisions.
Sponsor a Special Project or Event
- Support the Wildlands Trail Run, Christmas Greens Gathering, other GPMCT event -or sponsor a Newsletter, and get some great PR for your business or organization! Call or e-mail us for the latest sponsorship info.
Great Pond Mountain Conservation Trust is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Contributions may be fully tax-deductible.
Email: [email protected]